Universal Beijing Resort said on Friday it will remain closed after Beijing reported new COVID-19 cases related to gatherings in bars.
To protect the health and safety of tourists and employees and to cooperate with the government's epidemic prevention efforts, the resort said it will remain closed in a notice published on the official WeChat account of the theme park on Friday night.
Universal had said earlier on Friday that ticket bookings would start again on Saturday, but according to the latest notice bookings will also be postponed.
Beijing reported 21 new COVID-19 cases on Friday afternoon. There were 29 cases related to a bar in Chaoyang District.
Bars, KTV venues, internet cafes and underground entertainment venues in Beijing will be screened. Those with poor ventilation and without full implementation of prevention and control measures will be closed temporarily, officials said on Friday.
Universal Beijing Resort had announced on Tuesday that it would be fully reopened on June 15, including the Themed Lands, the Universal Studios Grand Hotel, the NUO Resort Hotel and Universal CityWalk Beijing, with a daily flow capped at 75% of capacity.
Immediately after the reopening announcement, the number of visitors to the online flagship store of Universal Beijing Resort rose 19 times compared to Monday on Feizhu, Alibaba Group's online travel booking platform.
Read original article