eLong reported reservation room nights stayed in full year 2015 increase of 26% to 43.2 million room nights compared to 34.2 million in 2014.
Highlights - Fourth Quarter 2015
* Accommodation reservation room nights stayed in the fourth quarter increased 20% to 11.3 million room nights compared to 9.4 million in the prior year period.
* Gross revenue earned from accommodation reservation (Non-GAAP) was RMB351 million, representing a 4% decrease in the fourth quarter of 2015 compared to the same period in 2014. Accommodation reservation revenue (GAAP) was RMB283 million, increasing 35% year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2015. Net commissions earned from accommodation reservation (Non-GAAP) were RMB226 million, increasing 28% year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2015.
Net revenues for the fourth quarter increased 19% to RMB294.2 million (US$45.4 million), compared to RMB246.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Mobile bookings comprised more than 80% of eLong brand room nights in the fourth quarter, and cumulative downloads of eLong mobile apps reached approximately 490 million.
Domestic hotel coverage network expanded 60% to over 320,000 domestic hotels as of December 31, 2015, compared to 200,000 as of December 31, 2014.
More than 75,000 properties have contracted to use the free, cloud-based, multi-device hotel property management systems, Yunzhanggui and Zhuzhe, produced by our investee companies.
Highlights - Full Year 2015
* Accommodation reservation room nights stayed in 2015 increased 26% to 43.2 million room nights compared to 34.2 million in 2014.
* Gross revenue earned from accommodation reservation (Non-GAAP) reached RMB1.5 billion, increasing 9% year-on-year in 2015 compared to 2014. Accommodation reservation revenue (GAAP) was RMB970 million, increasing 3% year-on-year in 2015. Net commissions earned from accommodation reservation (Non-GAAP) were RMB735 million, decreasing 18% year-on-year in 2015.
* Net revenues in 2015 decreased 5% to RMB1.0 billion (US$159.3 million), compared to RMB1.1 billion in 2014.
"In 2015, our accommodation reservation room nights grew 26%, setting an eLong record of 43.2 million stayed room nights. We also achieved an important milestone with gross bookings surpassing RMB17 billion for the first time in our history," said Hao Jiang, Chief Executive Officer of eLong. "In 2016, we will continue to execute our focused mobile accommodation strategy to increase our investment in our mobile products, technology team and mobile customer acquisition while maintaining a balance between our top line and spending growth."
"Gross bookings" are the total retail value of transactions recorded at the time of stay for accommodation reservation room nights and at the time of issuance for transportation tickets. Gross bookings include the total price due for travel excluding taxes, fees and other charges, and are generally reduced for cancellations and refunds.
Read original report