Fri Sep 7, 2007: Twelve new Quan Spas are planned to open by Marriott International over the next 24 months throughout Asia and the Pacific. They will be located at the following JW Marriott, Marriott and Renaissance hotels:
- Renaissance Shanghai Yuyuan Hotel, China (opening 2007)
- JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, China (opening 2007)
- Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall, China (opening 2008)
- Medan Marriott Hotel, Indonesia (opening 2008)
- JW Marriott Hotel Bangalore, India (opening 2008)
- Ningbo Marriott Hotel, China (opening 2008)
- Goa Marriott Resort & Panjim, India (opening 2008)
- Renaissance Bali Resort Villas & Spa, Indonesia (opening 2008)
- Pune Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, India (opening 2009)
- Hong Kong Sky City Marriott Hotel, China (opening 2009)
- Shenzhen Marriott Hotel, China (opening 2009)
- Renaissance Hotel Bangalore, India (opening 2009)
Renowned for its locally authentic treatments and "tranquility zones", the Quan Spa concept was developed by Rhett Pickering, director of spa operations and development for Marriott´s Asia-Pacific Region.
"Although we introduced our Quan spa concept only three years ago, Quan is attracting a loyal following among those Spa-Goers who value authenticity and overall wellness," said Mr. Pickering. "We are absolutely thrilled to introduce the Quan Spa concept to 12 new JW Marriott, Marriott and Renaissance hotels and resorts throughout the Asia-Pacific region and expect additional Quan Spas in the coming years. Each Quan spa will be uniquely inspired by the local culture and concentrate on traditional healing and wellness rituals indigenous to its location."
Marriott International opened its first Quan Spa at the Sanya Marriott Resort & Spa in Hainan, China in 2004. Since then, Quan Spas have been introduced at the Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa in Thailand and the JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai in India.