Orbitz Worldwide´s Corporate Travel Solutions is to extend the Orbitz for Business with a simple self-registration process (7/18/2007)
The site allows small businesses and their travelers to access and book through Orbitz for Business with a simple self-registration process.
The new offering includes many of the same features and benefits of Orbitz’s larger managed programmes, including access to corporate travel rates, at no cost beyond the transaction fees. “This gives small businesses a sense of having their own managed programme on Orbitz for Business and furthers our commitment to having an array of travel products that are a great fit for any size business,” said Dean Sivley, COO and GM, Orbitz Worldwide’s Corporate Travel Solutions.
“We’re now catering not just to small businesses, but to any and every small business that has travel requirements and wants greater control,” said Sivley.
The Orbitz for Business self-managed site offers a number of business-specific resources including:
· Dedicated site reporting (including monthly executive travel summaries documenting all travel categories, allowing customers to manage travel expenditures more efficiently);
· A dedicated Orbitz for Business site for small businesses and their travelers;
· Unused E-ticket Tracking (track value and expiration dates of unused tickets every time you log in);
· Board Room Rates, Flexible Hotel Choices (identifies discounted hotels offering business-specific resources and amenities);
· Free Online Exchanges, Cancellations and Voids (no charges or fees for trip bookings that can’t be completed. Airline-imposed fees may still apply);
· Customer Service Line (member number provides quick and easy access to a live agent, with customer support available 24/7.
Orbitz Worldwide’s business travel portfolio now features four distinct travel products:
· Road Warrior - An extension of Orbitz.com, the Road Warrior microsite offers business-specific tools like Wi-Fi finder, restaurant reservations, business hotel reviews and relevant inventory for independent and unmanaged business travelers.
· Orbitz for Business, Self-managed - Ideal for small businesses whose travel spend is less than $250K per year, and who are seeking to optimise travel spend through lower transaction fees and negotiated business hotel rates.
· Orbitz for Business -- A full-service, online corporate travel agency for companies with many travelers, managed programme needs and travel spend in excess of $250K per year.
· Travelport for Business -- A flexible, full-service corporate travel agency ideal for companies with larger numbers of travelers and more comprehensive travel requirements, including executives requiring VIP care.