Home > > Italy confirms two virus cases, halts air traffic with China

Italy confirms two virus cases, halts air traffic with China

01/31/2020| 11:09:20 PM|

Eighteen Chinese tourists were taken by bus to a Rome hospital as a precautionary measure.

Italy’s Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said two coronavirus patients are currently in isolation in a Rome hospital and moved to cancel flights to and from China.

The two Chinese tourists have been under observation since Wednesday, Conte said in a press conference in Rome, adding that there is no reason to panic and that the country is well prepared to cope with the emergency.

Eighteen Chinese tourists were taken by bus to a Rome hospital as a precautionary measure after their vehicle was halted by authorities, according to the regional health administration. Italian television station Canale 5 reported that the two infected patients came from that group or had been in contact.

The announcement comes at the end of a tense day that saw about 7,000 people blocked on a cruise ship in Civitavecchia, near Rome, after a passenger reported fever and respiratory problems. The passenger eventually tested negative to coronavirus and holidaymakers were allowed to disembark late Thursday.

Read Original Article

TAGS: Italy | China | flight
©2020 广州力矩资讯科技有限公司 粤ICP备06070077号
Tell us more about yourself!