Eatwith, the world’s largest community for culinary experiences connecting travellers with locals, announces today new partnerships with five of China’s biggest names in the Chinese travel industry, Ctrip (WeiLingDui), Qyer, Tongcheng, Meituan-Dianping and Mafengwo. From this partnership, users of the five services will now have access to Eatwith’s authentic food experiences with locals around the globe.
Travellers using one of the five Chinese companies can now add Eatwith’s local food experiences to their trips, such as a rooftop party in Barcelona, a market tour in Paris or a fusion dinner in New York, to immerse themselves in the culture of their chosen city. The inclusion of Eatwith services within the companies will contribute to a broader portfolio of activities available across the five platforms’ databases.
The five partnerships include:
- Ctrip - Ctrip’s app users will have access to immersive food experiences with locals through Ctrip’s newly launched ‘Party Animal’ (LvTuJuHui) category located within Virtual Tour Manager.
- Qyer - Travellers using Qyer can book culinary experiences across the world through the “Food and beverage” category located within “Local activities”.
- Tongcheng - Eatwith’s experiences with locals are available through “Local activities” category located within “outbound travel”.
- Meituan-Dianping - Across Meituan-Dianping’s apps, Eatwith’s food experiences can be found through its “Local activities’ category located within “You may like”.
- Mafengwo - Users of Mafengwo will now have access to Eatwith’s immersive food experiences with locals through “local activities” category located within “Travel mall”.
Eatwith’s 25,000 hand-picked local hosts in over 130 countries welcome travellers into their homes for original and authentic culinary experiences that create lasting memories of a city's food and culture.
Eatwith Co-founder and CEO, Jean-Michel Petit said, “86% of Chinese travellers would like to have a food experience at a local’s home during their trip abroad. The partnerships will provide travellers across Europe and around the world with a variety of immersive food experiences that authentically enable them to live like a local.”
Previously known as VizEat, Eatwith was founded in 2014 and was named one of Apple’s “Best apps of” 2016 and 2017. The Eatwith website is available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, and Chinese.
In September 2017, VizEat acquired EatWith, the largest social dining platform in the US. In January 2018, VizEat rebranded to Eatwith and also acquired London pop-up and supper club platform, Grub Club.