News Digital Media, the digital division of News Limited, has signed a partnership with travel search engine Bezurk.com. (3/22/2007)
A travel search engine service will be launched on NEWS.com.au’s travel section (www.news.com.au/travel).
Under the agreement, Bezurk.com will give NEWS.com.au readers the opportunity to search and compare the websites of airlines, travel agents, hotel chains and accommodation websites quickly at one easy-to-use location.
The development comes at a stage when the travel section of NEWS.com.au has managed more than a 110 percent growth in audience over the past 12 months.
On the development, Bezurk.com’s chief marketing officer Craig Hewett said, “News Digital Media is one of Australia’s leading digital businesses whose brands impact the daily lives of a rapidly growing number of everyday Australians,” Bezurk.com’s chief marketing officer Craig Hewett.”
The travel search engine at www.news.com.au/travel gives users the ability to:
· Search for domestic and international flights and airfares.
· Compare prices from dozens of merchants, including both online travel agencies and airline websites on the same screen.
· Sort by search results by price, departure time, arrival time or flight duration
· Sort accommodation search results by price, brand or star rating.
· Filter search accommodation results by price range, star rating, hotel chain or brand, amenities (eg. broadband internet), property type, booking partner.
· Compare prices for domestic and trans-tasman flights inclusive of all airport charges, taxes, fuel surcharges and credit card fees.
· Search availability and room rates at 100,000+ hotels, hostels and B&Bs worldwide.
· Compare prices on offer from dozens of accommodation websites.