Home > Home > Not All Internet Bookings Are Created Equal

Not All Internet Bookings Are Created Equal

04/14/2010| 9:45:07 AM| 中文

The Internet, and especially the direct online channel, is the only growth channel for hoteliers and the only “light at the end of the tunnel” in this environment.

The Internet distribution channel has undoubtedly become the most important distribution channel in hospitality. Last year, 54.2% of overall CRS bookings for the top 30 hotel brands came from the Internet channel, which constituted a remarkable increase of 6.6% vs. 2008. HeBS estimates that 45% of hotel bookings in 2010 will be via the Internet (direct + indirect online channels).The other two traditional distribution channels, GDS and voice, have experienced steady declines over a number of years. Here is the eTRAK data for hotel bookings via the CRS of the top 30 hotel brands:

• GDS hotel bookings declined by 3.7% vs. 2008, and constitute 23.6% of total CRS bookings in 2009 vs. 27.3% in 2008. Back in 2006, GDS CRS reservations constituted 31.3% of total CRS bookings for the top 30 brands. GDS share has decreased by 24.6% from 2006 to 2009, when it was reported at the 23.6% level.

• Voice channel hotel bookings declined by 2.9% in 2009 vs. 2008, and now constitute 22.2% of total CRS booking in 2009. The voice channel is in decline for the sixth consecutive year (HeBS). Back in 2006, voice reservations constituted 31.3% of total CRS bookings for the top 30 brands. Voice reservation share decreased to 25.1% in 2008 and 22.2% in 2009.

Read the full story at http://www.hotelsmag.com/blog/eMarketing_Muse/32036-Not_All_Internet_Bookings_Are_Created_Equal.php?nid=3457&source=title&rid=13362933

TAGS:
©2016 广州力矩资讯科技有限公司 粤ICP备06070077号-2
Tell us more about yourself!