The world's best hotels according to Expedia
May 07, 2008：Expedia unveiled its annual Expedia Insiders' Select list of the world's best hotels. Marking the second annual ranking, the list is comprised of the top hotels from among a selection of nearly 80,000 properties worldwide available on Expedia.
“The Expedia Insiders’ Select list makes it easier for travelers to sort through thousands of hotel options to choose the best hotel for their trip,” said Paul Brown, president, Expedia North America. “Expedia has captured the experiences of millions of hotel guests, and combined them with a value rating and local destination expertise to help travelers identify the best hotels in the world for the best value.”
The Expedia Insiders’ Select list was compiled using a weighted mathematical formula that includes several factors including:
- Expedia’s collection of hundreds of thousands of Traveler Opinions—hotel reviews created by Expedia travelers who recently stayed at the property;
- A value rating determined by comparing hotels within the same star-rating and geographical region to identify hotels that deliver a notable value for the experience they offer; and
- Local expertise and insight from hundreds of Expedia employees in destinations throughout the world.
- Number 1 overall: Sofitel Chicago Water Tower—Chicago, Ill.
- Number 1 in Asia: Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel—Tokyo, Japan
- Number 1 in Europe: The Knight Residence—Edinburgh, Scotland
- Top Resort Worldwide: JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa—Cancun, Mexico
“We work hard to deliver an exceptional experience to our guests during their stay, and we are thrilled to be recognized as the top rated hotel globally by Expedia and its travelers,” said Patrick Filatre, general manager, Sofitel Chicago Water Tower. “We know travelers value the opinions of other travelers and this ranking allows people to choose the right hotel with even greater confidence.”