Sabre Travel Network has launched Sabre Virtually There mobile services, which brings features found on Virtually There to a leisure or business traveler's cell phone or other web-enabled mobile device. (9/12/2007)
Sabre Travel Network has launched Sabre Virtually There mobile services, which brings features found on Virtually There to a leisure or business traveler´s cell phone or other web-enabled mobile device. (9/12/2007)
The new mobile-services features include:
• Flight notification alerts for current itineraries, alleviating the need to rely on a computer during travel.
• Expected wait times at TSA security available by specific airport location.
• Assistance to navigate unknown areas with new maps and driving directions delivered to a traveler´s mobile device via MapQuest.
• Local restaurant, city guide and destination information.
• Access to a currency converter tool.
“With the Virtually There tools accessible via mobile devices, travel agents are able to make their customers’ trips as stress-free as possible,” said Greg Webb, Chief Marketing Officer, Sabre Travel Network and Sabre Airline Solutions.
“These latest technology enhancements make it even easier for agents to keep travelers up to date and in touch with the latest travel information – helping to build customer loyalty,” said Webb.
In addition to these features, Virtually There on mobile devices will retain the co-branded information established by individual agencies, with their personalised logo and contact information appearing on the mobile screen. With Virtually There now accessible via mobile devices at www.virtuallythere.com, agents can respond to their clients needs in an even timelier manner.