Travelzoo attracted over 1,250,000 UK Internet users in May, an increase of more than 600,000 unique users on the previous month. (6/26/2007)
The company attributed the data to comScore Media Metrix.
comScore May 2007 data also revealed that the number of pages viewed per user increased by 66 percent month on month and that Travelzoo leapt 22 positions in the list of most visited UK travel websites from April to May. Travelzoo had launched its new UK website on 10 May.
Chris Loughlin, MD, Travelzoo Europe said, “With over 1.25 million unique users per month, and more than 700,000 weekly subscribers to the UK edition of the Travelzoo Top 20 newsletter, we are able to offer UK travel advertisers significant, targeted advertising opportunities to a high quality audience of travel enthusiasts.”
Over 500 travel companies have advertised with Travelzoo in the UK in the last 12 months. New website features include:
· Seven regional Last-Minute channels, expanded Holiday, Flights and Cruise channels, and new channels for Car Hire and Travel Insurance.
· Branded ‘deal of the week’ placements by destination.
· Dedicated travel search facility, SuperSearch for flights and hotels, which incorporates user feedback to optimize advertiser conversions.
· High quality video add-on opportunities to improve advertiser conversions.
· Extranet functionality to allow travel advertisers to self-post offers onto the new Travelzoo website and report on traffic activity.
In addition, Travelzoo’s regional e-mail alert service, Newsflash has now been integrated into the new website.