Amadeus IT Group, S.A achieved an adjusted profit of €606.8 million for the first half of 2018. This represents growth of 6.1% compared to the same period last year. Amadeus’ revenue grew 4.1% from January to June compared to the first half of 2017, reaching €2,477.0 million, while EBITDA increased 8.2% to €1,078.2 million.
– Revenue increased 4.1% , to €2,477.0 million
– EBITDA grew 8.2% , to €1,078.2 million
– In the Distribution segment, travel agency air bookings reached 305.1 million, which represents growth of 3.4%
– In IT Solutions, Passengers Boarded increased 18.0% to 888.8 million
H1 Financial Highlights
As part of our share repurchase program (announced in December 2017), at the close of June the company had acquired 3,558,231 shares for an amount of €212.4 million. This is part of the first tranche of the program (January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019, non-cancellable) during which we will buy shares for up to €500 million.
H1 Business Highlights
– Revenue increased 2.6% to €1,563.4 million
– Travel agency air bookings grew 3.4% to 305.1 million
Revenue growth was impacted by negative foreign exchange effects in the first half of 2018.
Asia & Pacific, Central, Eastern & South Europe and North America were the fastest growing regions in terms of travel agency air bookings.
Western European bookings decreased compared to the first quarter of 2017, impacted by the industry decline and the loss of share at some European mid-size online travel agencies. Excluding Western Europe, Amadeus bookings grew 9.2% in the first half of the year.
Market share weakness in Western Europe has impacted the company's global competitive position, which slightly decreased by 0.1 percentage point in the first six months of 2018 to 43.5%.
– Revenue grew 6.8% to €913.7 million
– Amadeus passengers boarded increased to 888.8 million, 18.0% more than in the same period of 2017
IT Solutions revenue increased by 6.8% in the first half of 2018, impacted by negative foreign exchange effects.
Passengers boarded grew 18.0% thanks to the impact from 2017 migrations and organic growth of 7.8%. Last year’s implementations contributed to expanding our international footprint, with 61.9% of our passengers boarded generated outside Europe in the first half.
Read Original Report