TripAdvisor nets $439 million in total revenue, up 4%
Total revenue in the third quarter increased 4% year-over-year to $439 million, and non-hotel revenue grew 26% year-over-year, led by growth in Attractions and Restaurants.
TripAdvisor announced its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2017.
“We are making progress on our 2017 initiatives,” said Chief Executive Officer Steve Kaufer. “In Hotels, we are pursuing profitable long-term revenue growth through an improved shopper experience and a marketing shift to brand-building channels. In Non-Hotels, we are investing to increase our lead, particularly in Attractions, as we broaden our marketplace and further deepen traveler engagement in more moments on their trip.”
* Total Revenue was USD 439 million, an increase of USD 18 million, or 4% year-over-year.
* Non-Hotel Revenue grew 26% year-over-year, led by growth in Attractions and Restaurants, Non-Hotel Adjusted EBITDA was USD 44 million for a 35% Adjusted EBITDA margin.
* Average monthly unique hotel shoppers reached 163 million, up 7% year-over-year.
* Average monthly unique visitors on TripAdvisor-branded websites and applications reached 455 million*, up 17% year-over-year.
* User reviews and opinions grew 32% year-over-year and reached 570 million at September 30, 2017, covering approximately 1.2 million hotels and accommodations, 780,000 vacation rentals, 4.4 million restaurants and 875,000 activities and attractions.
Read Original Report