TripAdvisor's user reviews & opinions grew 45% in 2016
TripAdvisor reaped revenue of USD 1,480 million in full-year 2016, down by 1% YoY. GAAP net income for the year dropped 39% to USD 120 million.
“2016 was an important transition year and one of great progress towards creating the best user experience in travel,” said Chief Executive Officer Steve Kaufer. “We rolled out hotel instant booking globally and strengthened our position in Attractions, Restaurants and Vacation Rentals. With our price comparison and booking capabilities in place, we are focused on raising consumer awareness of TripAdvisor as a great place to go to price shop and book.”
Full Year 2016 Highlights
1. Revenue for the full year 2016 was USD 1,480 million, a decrease of 1% year-over-year (or flat on a constant currency basis).
2. GAAP net income for the full year 2016 was USD 120 million, a decrease 39% of year-over-year, or USD 0.82 per diluted share.
3. Adjusted EBITDA for the full year 2016 was USD 352 million, a decrease of 24% year-over-year (or a decrease of approximately 23% on a constant currency basis).
4. Non-GAAP net income for the full year was USD 206 million, or USD 1.40 per diluted share.
5. Cash flow provided by operating activities for the full year 2016 was USD 321 million and free cash flow was USD 249 million.
6. User reviews and opinions grew 45% year-over-year and reached 465 million at December 31, 2016, covering approximately 1,060,000 hotels and accommodations, 835,000 vacation rentals, 4.3 million restaurants and 760,000 attractions and experiences.
Read original article