Home > > Japanese travel agencies target tourists on China's turf

Japanese travel agencies target tourists on China's turf

12/23/2016| 12:36:57 PM| 中文

Japanese travel companies JTB and Kinki Nippon eye sales of Japan packages by setting up JVs with China' local companies to gain green lights.

Major Japanese travel agencies including JTB and Kinki Nippon are stepping up efforts in China to attract more tourists to Japan, taking advantage of greater access to the market, reported Nikkei. 

A new JTB unit in Shanghai's experimental free trade zone will begin operations in January. The joint venture, JTB Tours Shanghai, is 70%-owned by JTB Hong Kong and 30% by East Shanghai International Travel Service. The JV has received permission to sell overseas tours. 

Following suit, Kinki Nippon Tourist parent KNT-CT Holdings also established a JV in Shanghai with a local company. KNT-CT chipped in 80% and the local business put up the remaining 20%. The company will provide tours to Japanese visitors to China, while it awaits approval to sell Japan packages.

Read original article

TAGS: JTB | Kinki Nippon | Japan | outbound tourism
©2019 广州力矩资讯科技有限公司 粤ICP备06070077号-2
Tell us more about yourself!