In the business venture world, travel tech startups and established firms alike have to compete for attention with financial tech, property tech, education tech, to say nothing of AI and security, the list goes on.
Online travel has been growing since its early days and still appeals to startups around the world which are looking to launch new and exciting ventures into the market.
The travel startup community is a truly global one, and around the world a number of cities have emerged as hubs of excellence, driven by not only a critical mass of expertise but also favourable social and economic conditions.
Here are ten excellent locations to make your base camp.
What kind of tech location list would this be without Silicon Valley on it? Undoubtedly the world’s tech capital, Silicon Valley in San Francisco, California and is home to tech giants such as Apple, Google and Facebook. However it’s also a hub for tech businesses of all sizes, including startups.
It’s like its own little bubble, densely filled with established tech companies and startups alike, Silicon Valley is full to the bursting with people working on tech ideas – many of which are in the travel industry.
1. ease of access to large cities in California
2. huge tech ecosystem, home to large and small startups alike – great hub of knowledge where you can learn from other companies who have been there and done it
1. very expensive for hiring workforce, living costs etc
2. will require a lot of money fund development
3. potential issue of building what’s considered cool in the valley but not the rest of the world
Read original article