Tapping into Asia's female rich list
The rise of the female traveller, on business and leisure, in Asia Pacific continues to grow.
Lindy Andrews, CEO of luxury travel show Luxperience says: "Given the massive spending power of the Asian woman, tourism operators need to think about tapping into this market.
"The number of women travelling in Asia will continue to rise, especially as Asian economies and the travel industry continues to mature; tourism operators need to respond to this."
In Singapore 32% of all business travellers are female while Hong Kong has the largest percentage of female business travellers in the region at 36%.
Luxperience 2014 offers a few pointers on how to cater more effectively to the female travel market in Asia Pacific:
- Solo travel is a growing trend amongst female travellers.
Consider introducing a no-single supplement during shoulder months
- Include an experiential aspect to your product. Experiential packages have gained traction with many women citing adventure sports rather than shopping as the pastime for their holiday.
- Women are known to do their research through peer-to-peer recommendation. Win over the female travel sector through "real" and effective engagement on social media channels.
- For hotels. Consider introducing women-only floors.
- Guided shopping. Have ready a list of top 10 shops in your city / location for women travellers looking for some retail therapy.
In China, female consumers dominate the purchase of luxury goods.
Read the original article