Google shows how local intent drives consumer engagement on smartphones, computers and tablets
The latest report from Google’s analysis arm, Think With Google, considers how local search drives consumer engagement on smartphones, computers and tablets.
Titled “Understanding Consumer’s Local Search Behavior,” the research was released in collaboration with IpsosMediaCT and Purchased, who surveyed 4,500 respondents and 653 users’ smartphone searches respectively.
An overview of the results:
• 4 in 5 respondents use search engines for local information
• 50% of users who searched for a specific store on a smartphone visited that store within a day
• 34% of users who searched for a specific store on a tablet/computer visited that store within a day
• 18% of local searches led to a purchase within a day while only 7% of non-local searches
• 4 in 5 consumers want ads targeted to their zip code, city and/or immediate surroundings
• More than 60% of users want local information in ads, such as phone numbers and addresses