Langham Hotels International’s unveils elegant new-look website with top performance engine
Wednesday, 11 February 2009: Luxury hotel operator, Langham Hotels International (LHI) has launched a new-look website (langhamhotels.com), making it faster to load, easier to book and more convenient to use in today’s challenging global economic climate.
After extensive research, Langhamhotels.com now incorporates new features that take into account how guests search and navigate a website. The result is an elegant, fresh booking-friendly site that improves the overall guest experience helping to drive incremental revenues and develop new leads for MICE and Rooms business.
New user-friendly features include:
· Googlemaps for guests to find nearby local attractions and information including the ability to download street directions
· City Guide – powered by Frommers.com
· Tripadvisor.com guest comments – allowing web surfers to view candid comments from other guests and make a more informed decision
· New imagery in each section so guests can see exactly what room types they are booking rather than one gallery containing all images
· Dynamic personalised e-brochures created in seconds allowing guests to download relevant data including MICE, Spa, Rooms and Dining.
· Simplified E-news functions so guests can sign up by areas of interest quickly and the minimal hassle.
Langhamhotels.com can be updated daily with the latest information on promotions, Best Available Rates and enhanced with the latest hotel, city and company information using an advanced Content Management System (CMS).
Visuals and galleries have also been optimised for speedy load times. It also features alternative text sizing options for ease of use by the visually impaired.
Behind the elegant façade of new features, the overhauled engine will result in better search rankings and generate greater web traffic leading to improved bookings.
Early indications during testing have seen web traffic increase by 15%. Download times have also improved with simultaneous mirror site downloading across the globe.
In 2008, prior to the revamp, Langhamhotels.com generated significant incremental revenues with room nights business up almost 30%. The new-look website and sophisticated engine is forecasted to improve business by a further 30%.
“Our service in a virtual world matches our brand values in the real world – this is the key to the success of our website and internet marketing strategy. The new-look Langhamhotels.com will take our online strategy to the next level,” said Bob van den Oord, Vice President – Sales & Marketing for Langham Hotels International.
“In this challenging global economy, our website is a strategic tool that will help to grow our market share and build brand presence to deliver exceptional returns on investment.” said Mr van den Oord.