TripSay moves into public beta
September 25, 2008: TripSay, a new European based travel service for sharing and discovering new places, tips, and activities with friends and like-minded enthusiasts, announced the official release of its public beta.
Putting the emphasis on quality rather than quantity, TripSay cuts through the clutter to offer highly targeted information that matches a traveler’s unique preferences on destinations, experiences, and activities. Unlike generic travel sites, TripSay lets travelers share and discover only the information that matters to them – with the help of their friends and others with shared interests.
The site also serves as a connected and personalized social community for documenting one’s travels, sharing travel secrets and cool discoveries, and actively seeking out the next big adventure.
The new public beta release contains several key enhancements added since the private beta version, including:
- World builder: lets users easily rate places, add tips and new places
- Group filter: allows users to filter places, tips, and content based on the preferences of members of a certain group
- Favorite tips: users can now collect their favorite tips in their own private group for safekeeping – essentially creating their own personal travel guide
- Editing tools: users can now edit and change their own tips, added places, etc.
- Group message board: Allows members of groups to have discussions
“Since the initial launch of the private beta, TripSay has attracted tremendous interest and a strong following of thousands of recreational, adventurous, and activity-driven vacationers,” said Juha Huttunen, co-founder and CEO of TripSay. “We’re continuing to add new social travel features and usability improvements to help our users connect with fellow travelers, find trustworthy information – and ultimately make the most of their travel experiences near and far.”
To get started on TripSay, simply describe your vacation preferences and mark previous travels and dream destinations. TripSay then automatically uses a unique recommendation engine to proactively match destinations, places, sights, content, and activities for people from their friends as well as from those with similar tastes.