Marriott International announces five new hotels for its Caribbean/Latin America region
Monday, 8 September 2008: Marriott International has announced five new hotels for its Caribbean/Latin American region, spanning its upscale Marriott, moderate-priced Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn for extended-stay travelers brands.
· 135-room Courtyard by Marriott Guayaquil, Ecuador, opening in 2008
· 138-room Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo, Suriname, opening in 2008
· 144-room Courtyard by Marriott San Pedro Sula, Honduras, opening in 2010
· 160-room Cuzco Marriott Hotel, Peru, opening in 2010
· 138-room Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo, Suriname, opening in 2010
· 100-unit Residence Inn by Marriott Port of Spain, Trinidad, opening in 2010.
“We are excited by the range of travel experiences these five properties will represent and that, with the exception of the Courtyard hotel in Suriname, all are additional properties in countries in which we are already operating, thereby enabling us to give local and long distance travelers more opportunities to experience the Marriott International brand of lodging hospitality in these countries,” said Ed Fuller, president and managing director of international lodging for Marriott International.