Opodo introduces five air tools, marks ￡1m for ad campaign
Published: 12 May 2008：Online travel company Opodo has introduced five new air tools, enabling users to find the best price for their journey with minimum hassle.<br>
The five new air tools are live at dedicated microsite www.opodo.co.uk/airtools and are supported by a £1million advertising campaign, which runs through to July.
Paul Treanor, head of marketing, Opodo UK, said, "We´ve developed these tools with our customers´ need for flexibility and intelligent booking options in mind, and our air tools will empower them to make an educated decision when booking flights. We operate more as a travel agent, meaning if the best option is to combine carriers, we are the one company that they need to liaise with – without leaving the home or office."
The new tools operate as follows:
· CombiFlight - Allows customers to combine two carriers to and from a destination, to get a cheaper airfare wherever possible.
· EscapeMap - Provides customers with advice on where to go. The customer tells Opodo how much they would like to spend, roughly where they want to travel, what type of trip they would like – and EscapeMap pinpoints suggestions on a map with flight prices.
· Opodo CheckFlight - These pages are designed for customers who know where they are going, and travel there often. They can go straight to the destination page, see the cheapest flights for their preferred airport and see the best price Opodo offers. These pages also give local weather and destination news.
· MyAirline - Some Opodo customers are loyal to a particular airline. Opodo has created the ´My Airline´ pages so customers can see the cheapest way to fly to their selected destination. They can also compare the price of their airline with the average price for that date across all airlines.
· Opodo FlexiFlight - This feature enables customers to look at cheaper flight options by being flexible by one day either side of the dates provided. Selecting the flexible option will bring up a comparison grid, with the cheapest flights highlighted.