Zuji says: quit the line and book travel online
Singapore, 13 September: Why stand in line for long hours when you can book your holiday from the comfort of your home? As part of its ‘World on Sale’ campaign, Singapore’s most popular online travel agency, ZUJI Singapore (zuji.com.sg), encourages travellers to avoid queuing and book their holidays conveniently online.
According to an online poll conducted by ZUJI Singapore on its website:
· Most people (66%) will not queue up for a holiday
· $10 Million Hongbao TOTO Jackpot, iPhone and Condo in Marina Bay are the top three items that people would consider queuing for!
From now till 16th September, ZUJI brings NATAS travel deals online, delighting travellers with fabulous flights, great hotel choices and deals, and plenty of packages to a host of destinations around the world – from the popular to the exotic. With breaking airline deals, midnight sales, hotel promotions, and package discounts, by doing so, ZUJI ‘pumps up’ the travel hype amongst Singaporeans this week.
The marketing campaign is supported by an innovative initiative where ZUJI encourages Singaporeans to kick their ‘bad’ travel habits in favour of ’healthier’ travel booking habits. ZUJI will distribute ZO cards nationwide, illustrating ‘unhealthy’ symptoms, and some potential consequences of queuing, in a fun and quirky manner with a call to QUIT. On the ZO card, www.zuji.com.sg will be positioned as the ‘helpline’ for travellers who want to give up queuing (for a holiday). In addition, consumers will also receive ZUJI’s signature cyan blue badges with the message – “Quit the Line”.
“At ZUJI, we’ve always pushed creative boundaries to come up with witty campaigns to catch the attention of travellers. For the ‘Book Online’ campaign, we wanted to give something iconic and memorable to remind people that travel booking can be done conveniently online on ZUJI. Hence, we came up with the idea of badges people can wear, carry or simply keep with them for a long time,” said Mr. Philip Ho, General Manager, ZUJI Singapore.
In 2007, compared to 2006, ZUJI has observed a healthy increase in FIT travel bookings, for people travelling together, to the following destinations:
· China (Xi-an, Xiamen, Chengdu, Hangzhou, Kunming, Guangzhou) increased by more than 100% on 2006
· South Korea increased by more than 70%
· Taiwan became as popular as Bangkok amongst travellers based in Singapore with an increase of more than 60% in tickets issued for short getaways – mainly weekends, for Kaohsiung and Taipei
· More than 55% and 160% increase in tickets for FIT travel to Hanoi and Siem Reap respectively
· Europe (Portugal, Rome, Switzerland, Finland, Greece and Prague) increased by more than 40%
· US (Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Francisco) and Canada (Vancouver) increased by more than 25%
· Japan (Tokyo and Osaka) has been a hit this year, with more than 20% increase in tickets issued for FIT travel
· Beach destinations like Langkawi, Phuket and Koh Samui increased by close to 20%
“The surge in FIT travel booked online, as seen on ZUJI Singapore, indicates that people, travelling in groups of two or more, are looking for options that give them the flexibility and control to choose when and how they want to travel to suit their own lifestyles – not be pre-packaged into a tour group. ZUJI puts travellers in the driver’s seat, allowing them to manage their own budget, choose their preferred airline and hotel, and create their own desired travel package.” said Mr. Ho.