Travelport finalises management team of its GDS business
Travelport Limited, the parent company of the Travelport group of companies, has appointed a new integrated management team to lead its GDS business. (9/11/2007)
The Travelport GDS business “represents a new world of options in travel distribution services, with configurable and scalable solutions that empower our customers to provide first class support to travelers on a global platform,” said Jeff Clarke, President and CEO of Travelport Limited.
Headquartered in Langley, UK, and operating across 145 countries, Travelport’s GDS business comprises the Galileo and Worldspan businesses; Shepherd Systems, an expert in the field of providing business and marketing intelligence to the travel industry; aiRES, the next generation server based internal airline IT product suite; and THOR, a provider of distribution and marketing services to travel-related companies.
“Bringing together Galileo, Worldspan, Shepherd Systems, aiRES and THOR under one umbrella signifies the evolution of the Travel Services Industry and allows us to become a more effective and efficient partner to next generation and existing airline carriers as well as traditional and online travel agencies,” said Clarke.
Gordon Wilson will head the GDS business as President and CEO.
The Travelport GDS business senior leadership team includes:
- Philip Emery, Chief Financial Officer, based in Langley, UK. CFO of the Galileo GDS since September 2006, in this role he will be responsible for all aspects of financial and statutory accounting, financial planning and analysis, financial systems and procurement globally.
- Kevin Mooney, Chief Commercial Officer, based in Atlanta, USA. Mooney will head the GDS business’ commercial operations, encompassing all travel agency and supplier customer facing activities, including Airline IT services. Mooney has been the CFO of Worldspan for the past two and a half years.
- Sue Powers, Chief Information Officer, based in Atlanta, USA, having held the position of CIO of Worldspan for the last five years.
- Keith Woodcock, Senior Vice-President, New Business Incubation, based in Denver, USA. Woodcock will be taking up a new portfolio of new business incubation for the GDS business as the head of a newly established dedicated team. Woodcock joined the Galileo GDS team in January 2006 as CIO for the global Galileo business.
- Dave Lauderdale, Chief Technology Officer, based in Atlanta, USA. Lauderdale will head the CTO function for the GDS business, adding Galileo to his existing responsibilities at Worldspan.
Others in the team include: Tad Ostrowski, General Counsel, based in Langley, UK (to head the legal function for the GDS business); Lee Golding, Senior Vice-President, Human Resources, based in Langley, UK; Bob Coggin, Vice-Chairman, Travelport GDS, based in Atlanta, USA (act as an advisor and key ambassador for the GDS business across the industry, focusing in particular on the global airline community).