Expedia gross bookings climb 21% in Q3 2016
Expedia's gross bookings increased USD 3.2 billion or 21% YoY to USD 18.6 billion in the third quarter of 2016.
Expedia, Inc. announced its third-quarter financial results:
• Gross bookings increased USD 3.2 billion or 21% year-over-year to USD 18.6 billion. Revenue increased 33% yearover-year to USD 2.6 billion.
• Room nights stayed increased 17% year-over-year, with growth of 11% excluding Orbitz Worldwide. Growth in room nights stayed accelerated in September to 20% year-over-year, with growth of 14% excluding Orbitz Worldwide.
• Global lodging portfolio increased by over 14,000 properties during the quarter, or 19% year-over-year, bringing total hotel property count to over 321,000 available on Expedia, Inc. sites.
• On a standalone basis, trivago reached USD 276 million in revenue, an increase of 57% year-over-year.
• HomeAway delivered USD 210 million of revenue, representing an increase of 61% year-over-year on a standalone basis.
• Year to date, Expedia repurchased 3.2 million shares of its common stock for approximately USD 349 million.
Read original report