dohop.com upgrades flight search engine, now covers 33 million flights
Flight planning site dohop.com has worked on several enhancements including expansion of the flight schedule database by 3.5 million long-haul flights. (3/27/2007)
dohop.com, in which Cheapflights made a strategic investment earlier this year, now searches more than 660 scheduled airlines. It calculates the best routes and connections for 3486 airports worldwide. It then provides links to airlines and online travel agents where the latest price and flights can be checked and booked direct.
The new site release includes the following useful upgrades for users:
· The enlarging of the flight schedule database by 3.5 million long-haul flights bringing the total to 33 million flights spanning a period of 14 months. This now probably makes dohop the most comprehensive flight planner in existence.
· The flight search function has been speeded up to provide an almost instant schedule of flights between chosen airports.
· A new “Add to my trip” function can be used to save flight segments. Now it is easier to mix and match flights from multiple searches to plan complicated multi-city trips around the world. Once the first leg of a trip has been researched, by clicking “Add to my trip”, several flights can be added to provide an extended trip itinerary.
· “Add to my trip” also makes comparison easy. Compare costs, journey times and layovers between your chosen options. Compare low-cost airlines and traditional airlines across all key flight decision points like timing, airport, journey length and price (not always the most important thing!).
· A new mapping feature powered by Google Maps to trace selected flight routes on a world map. On the latest enhancement, Hugo Burge, Cheapflights’ vice chairman and head of international said this is a perfect tool for those who need to know precise flight times, routes and availability from anywhere to anywhere else.